Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I have a question??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Madracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2001
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi I was wondering what is the procedure of taking off your A/C? What are the trade offs? Am I still gonna have the heater??

    Thanx in advance

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Madracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2001
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    anyone?


    ------------------
    1995 Acura Integra GS-R
    Mods: NOT ENOUGH

  3. #3
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You need to properly evacuate the system so all the refrigerant can be recycled. After that, you can basically remove/disconnect the hoses, compressor (I would just cut the belt...it's faster that way and the belt is cheap if need it later), remove the front bumper and get the condensor out, take the evaporator etc out...it's straight forward but does take time. I hope you live in Calif. or somewhere up north to even consider this.

    ------------------
    It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member strng1dah's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 1999
    Posts
    275
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by randomwalk101:
    I hope you live in Calif. or somewhere up north to even consider this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    In California!?!?! Have you ever spent hte summer in CA without AC? I just did and let me tell you it is NO fun. He's in Minnesota though so he should be alright.

    ------------------
    2000 SC'd GSR
    [email protected] best before the blower.
    www.strng1dah.homestead.com

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Madracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2001
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will still have the heater right?


    ------------------
    1995 Acura Integra GS-R
    Mods: NOT ENOUGH

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, you will still have your heater and vent controls... they will function fine.


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You don't need to take the bumper off. Just take the radiator off.

    Expect a "pop" of leftover refrigerant (definitely pay someone to evacuate it properly) when you crack open the first joint. Holding your breath might be a good idea. wink

    I took off the compressor, AC belt tensioner pulley and arm, lines, condensor and dryer? (the aluminum cannister near the washer fluid) I didn't touch anything inside the car. Heat is fine. AC button does nothing.

    That weighed 27 pounds.

    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
    Best 1/4 ==&gt; 13.556 @ 105.29mph
    My JRSC Install Site

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •